Explore the character in you | Bruxelles
14-18 Février 2022Peeping Tom Studio
!! The workshop is sold out!!
Explore the character in you is a five-day workshop venturing into the idea that what we are searching for as artists already resides inside of us, underneath the surface and in the depths of our subconscious.
Peeping Tom will open its studio to host a workshop for the first time since the start of the pandemic. We are very excited to bring together three of Peeping Tom’s performers: Yi-Chun Liu, Lauren Langlois, and Wan-Lun Yu.
Throughout the course of this workshop you will have the opportunity to dive into varying modes of research, supported and facilitated by the Peeping Tom performers:
– We will expand upon our theatrical body in the realm of emotion and illustrate our own narratives through the manipulation of time and space.
– We will discover our voice and play with the bridge between sound and movement.
– We will investigate our subconscious desires through writing and improvisational scores.
These approaches will create a toolbox for you to explore the character within.
Participants should have a strong physical training background. Knowledge of and interest in theatricality are desired. The workshop is limited to 20 people and we ask that you commit to the entire week so that you can gain more of a valuable insight into the entirety of the process.
– Workshop dates: Monday 14 till Friday 18 February, 10:30 till 18:00 (with a 1-hour lunch break).
– You are welcome to arrive before for an individual warm-up, starting at 9:30.
– Please bring comfortable clothes, a towel, knee pads, a refillable water bottle, and your own snacks and lunch.
– You will be asked to show your COVID pass to enter the studio (proof of vaccination, recovery or test). Please provide the QR-code.
– Please do not come to the studio if you don’t feel well or have any symptoms. If you experience any symptoms before the start of the week, we will reimburse your fee in full.
– Peeping Tom cannot assist in providing accommodation, and cannot be held responsible for any costs concerning travels or lodging made by participants.